Monday, February 7, 2011

GoDaddy.co Gets Ready and Network Solutions Piggybacks

We’re just hours away from Go Daddy’s Super Bowl commercials and a huge plug for the .co domain.

I really have no idea who the GoDaddy.co girl is. My guess is it’s not someone from Colombia, but that’s about all I have at this point.

I’m thinking that Go Daddy might not actually show who the .co girl is on the TV commercial and instead send viewers to their web site to see the revealing. This would be classic Go Daddy style to drive web traffic.

As for the non-.co Go Daddy commercial, DOMAINfest attendees like myself got to view the entire “web only” version during Bob Parson’s keynote at the event last week.

Competitor Network Solutions is piggybacking on the Go Daddy commercials by releasing a web video called “Go Granny” to spoof the Go Daddy ads. (Network Solutions’ banner ads about the “commercial” have been following me around the web all day).

While this will certainly get them some nice media attention, the video itself falls flat. I stopped watching it after 30 seconds. If you have the patience to watch all four minutes of it then perhaps you’ll get more out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment